I got some new thermofax film today and wanted to try it out. So I burned a screen of my hand-carved stamp of a sufi heart with the Chinese text in the background. Last night when I made the screen of the asphalt print, I tested it on fabric before printing it in my journal. So tonight I tested the new screen on top of that print. Pretty cool. And no, it’s not a bad print–the image is grungey and not solid–I did that on purpose. Then I printed it on my journal page and went to town. In case you forgot, this is what it looked like yesterday. And here’s what it looks like completely finished.
Let’s just say, there’s a lot going on here. Where the printed-out text is, I had originally written it by hand. But there was so much going on in the background that it wasn’t really legible. So I fixed it by printing out text from my computer about the same size as my handwriting, and pasted over it. Then I did a wash of yellow paint over it to tone down the white letters. For the headline, I used Pistolgrip and Working Class hero alphabet stamps. I also used hand-carved stamps, crayons, Stabilo Woody Watercolor crayons, Sakura Glaze Pens (the white outlines & writing), and a Sharpie Poster paint markers (red letters at the top right). Now it’s time for bed, but I’m all energized.
I’m so glad that so many people are joining me with 30 Days of Get Your Art On! Please leave a comment with where we can see what you’ve done. You can see the rest of my posts for this project here.