I’ve been taking an experimental printmaking class at the Lawrence Arts Center, and here’s one of my latest monoprints that I titled The Structure of Dreams. I’m really happy with how it turned out. I made a collagraph plate by adding modeling paste, a little packing tape, staples and cord to my base. I used Sintra (aka Celtec) for the base, which is a thin sheet of rigid foam. I also distressed the base and carved into it before and after working on it with the modeling paste and other things. Then after inking it up with several colors, I added more items to the plate to give it even more depth and contrast. When I peeled the paper off after running it through the printing press, some of the threads and fabric pieces stuck to the paper, and I decided to leave them on. It’s about 14″ x 21.5″.
And speaking of the Lawrence Arts Center, I’ve got an 8-week Visual Journaling Class starting March 27th! I need a few more people to sign up, so if you live in the area and want to take a workshop from me in person, this is your chance!