Friday & Saturday is the Creative Hand Show & Sale, and I’ll have my hand-dyed spinning fibers & yarns, along with a few other things in it. This is a sale put on by the Kansas City Fiber and Weavers Guilds that I belong to. I’ve been doing this sale for many, many years, and it’s a great place to pick up materials to make your own handmade goods, or to do your holiday shopping for already finished handmade goods.
I’ve got yarn and spinning fiber piled and hung all over my studio in various stages of getting it ready for the sale–from trying to dry it with fans, to winding it into skeins, to labeling it.
So I’m working like a busy bee, getting it all ready to pack up tonight so I can go set it up tomorrow! If you are in the KC area, don’t miss this!
Creative Hand Show & Sale
Old Shawnee Town Hall
11600 Johnson Drive
Shawnee, KS 66203
Friday, November 18, 4-9pm; fashion show at 7pm
Saturday, November 19, 10am-5pm; demonstrations all day.
Although my lovely items will be there the whole time, I’ll be there Saturday beginning at noon if you want to see me! I’ll be demonstrating spinning from 2:30-5pm.
Don’t forget to check out the ArtSparks Tutorial Blog Hop that is Underway!
- Wednesday November 9th, Jane LaFazio: Sketch & Stitch Gift Bags
- November 10, Lyric Kinard: Glitter, Glisten, Glimmer: A Beaded Snowflake Ornament
- November 11, Tracie Lyn Huskamp: A Christmas Cardinal Ornament
- November 13, Traci Bunkers: Moldable Foam Stamps
- November 14, Melanie Testa: Zipper Tute Mania
- November 15, Judy Coates Perez: Folk Art Inspired Ornament
- November 16, Kelli Perkins: Colorful Stitched Ornament
- November 17, Lisa Engelbrecht: Experimental lettering
- November 18, Jill Berry: Geo Papers and Projects
- November 19, Gloria Hansen: Resizing a digital image the easy way
- November 20, Diana Trout: Japanese-Style Fabric Wrap (Furoshiko)